Ermou was one of the most commercial streets in Nicosia back in the 1930s. People would gather around that street to meet with friends and go shopping. Near the ‘Big Platanos’, as remembered by many, on Militou street, a parallel street from Ermou was the shop of Charilaos Stavrakis. The company has been working with fabrics for female and male garments since 1904. Due to World War 2, the imports of fabrics from abroad ceased and the operations of the company diversified into selling beds which were imported from England and thereafter from Greece and linoleum flooring.
By 1945 the government allowed once again the import of fabrics from abroad and Charilaos Stavrakis returned to the original business of fabrics for female and male garments which then extended into fabrics for furniture and curtains.
In 1947 After some time, the company started importing rugs.
In 1948 Leonidas Stavrakis son of Charilaos Stavrakis joined the company
In 1960 the company opened a new shop on Onasagorou street.
In 1970 Haris Stavrakis, joined the company
In 1973 Nikos Lazarakis, joined the company and the company moved to the new showrooms on Grivas Dhigenis Avenue
In 1976 Leonidas Stavrakis (Dakis), joined the company
In 1978 the 3 partners started operations in Oman - Muscat & the United Arab Emirates for various types of interior furnishing projects.